Sunday, October 3, 2010

Finding the essence of an actor

When I hear the word essence the first thing that comes to my mind is the word truth.
The truth is all that matters. Finding the true emotions and making it look like your believable and allowing the audience to feel the truth in the performance can make or break it.
This week I read an article on truthful acting @ www.theactingroom.com
some points I took from the article that I believe will help an actor find the essence are:
• do not use un-natural body language
• know what your speaking about, ensure you’re not "singing" your words
• know what your lines mean to YOU
• don’t be to much in your head!
• do your critical critiquing after your performance
• find the emotion of the character and connect to the emotion personally
• don’t over think your roles
• concentrate on being "in the moment"
Coming into to this class with little to no experience I take and appreciate any feed back or tips I get! When it comes to finding the essence of an actor and making your scene believable the tips above are extremely useful.
AND THAT’S TODAYS CONFESSION

No comments:

Post a Comment