Sunday, October 31, 2010

im not alone.

Every Sunday I go to a small church; Day Spring.
I have been to many churches before but none are like mine.
It is a place where I can go to learn, and grow and feel comfortable doing so.
We have many small groups, that everyone is welcomed to join,  I am apart of Youth.
This Friday myself and the youth group went to " The Truth Behind Hip hop."
I LOVED IT !
Before Friday I have watched small clips on you tube because  I believe KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
Its funny because when I was younger i would be scared or nervous to watch the videos because I knew by the end of it I would have to stop listening to an artist, because of the information I received.
This time though I wanted the knowledge. I wanted to know the truth, and now I do.
On this excursion I was more than just amazed by the lesson I learnt I was also shocked bout how many people were there.
Because I go to a church that is so small i guess I forgot how many people are like me.
how many people interested the same thing as me, how many people are on the same path as me.
I felt like it was where i was supposed to be, any doubt I had about the path i was on vanished because of how well I could relate to the people around me.
I loved every moment of it!
I felt proud, to be part of such a wonderful evening.
The thing that amazed me the most was the amount of youth that were at the event.
It was a Friday night and and there were so many youth, because it was Halloween I know that all those youth could have been somewhere else.
It was the first time in a long time that  I was proud of my generation.






No comments:

Post a Comment