Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Acting Room


Today while looking for an article to read from the acting room, it took me a while to choose one that interested me, but when I did find this article on “using faith to guide your acting career” I knew it was the one. This article has also become my favorite things that I have read so far just because I could relate to it so well, and because I was filled with “ah-ha” moments.
Some of my “ah-ha moments include” the following:
“How can we, as people OF Faith, guide our own lives, THROUGH our Faith?”
I had to read the above quotation several times, that is how organic it was.
After trying to understand I for several minutes I actually came to the conclusion that if I as an actor who is also a Christian I shouldn’t think about how I can guide my life, but like everything else give all to God and trust that he will take care of it. Whether it is like in the article finding a Christian agent or finding a Christian role; I believe that once you put everything including your career into God’s hands everything happens for a reason.
My second “ah-ha moment”
“I believe that God makes people perfect in every way, it’s just our society and culture that makes us do bad things, and that’s usually because of desperation or lack of love.”
 I believe that the root of sin is in fact the lack of love. We look to other things that aren't always he best things  when we as Christians should be looking to God, for it is him that can provide all the love we ever need. Being in a industry such as acting, as actors and actresses we always are looking for some kind of reward or praise. We forget that God looks down on us happily every time we do something good, in this we look for approval in the wrong places such as the media, or ticket sales.  We must remember that God has given us his approval and that is why we have made it as a far as we have.



No comments:

Post a Comment